Are you thinking about replacing the windows in your home? Want to upgrade your house? Perhaps you have just bought your new home or are thinking about selling, but the windows are letting the property down? Replacing the windows in your home is an investment worth making and not only increases the look of your home but can add value, help with heating bills and security. Many homeowners worry about the “dreaded” double-glazing salesman calling, but a little planning can help put you firmly in the driving seat. Wirral based, family run business, Prenton Glass are happy to share some top tips for buying new double-glazed windows.
Some of Prenton Glass Top Tips for Buying New Double-Glazed Windows:
- Choose a local Supplier – visit their showroom and talk to the team behind your new windows. Get to know the business and the team that will be visiting your home to measure, advise and eventually fit your new windows.
- Take Measurements and Sketches – take measurements and sketches of your property when you visit their showroom. This can allow a “ball-park” figure to be discussed before anyone visits your home. Remember a reputable company will still need to come and take accurate measurements before giving you a written quote.
- Experience – ask the company how long they have been trading. Ask whether they are members of any trusted schemes, recommended suppliers or industry memberships – giving you further peace of mind that they are a reputable company.
- Do a little research first – try to increase your knowledge about the products before you visit a showroom. This will make your conversation easier when discussing styles, window openings, colour options, types of glass, energy ratings and fixtures and fittings. However, a reputable company will be more than happy to guide you through all the elements of new windows and allow you the time to digest the information away from the showroom.
- Don’t be pressured into buying – a professional double-glazing window firm will not pressure you into a sale, yes, they may offer incentives, but never feel pressured to sign and always ask about a cooling off period once you have agreed.
- Ask about Guarantee’s – leading uPVC double -glazed windows should come with a manufacturers guarantee, often supported by a guarantee from the installing firm. Always ask about the guarantees and what the guarantee guarantees!
Buying new double-glazed windows for your house can be and should be a pleasurable experience. Choosing the right supplier will help you enjoy the whole process and leave you confident that you have had the best job done. These top tips are only a guide to set you on the right track to getting the result that you want.
If you would like to know more about a double-glazed uPVC windows for your home, why not visit the Prenton Glass showroom in Hoylake/Moreton. One of the specialist team of advisors will guide you through all the options available to you and help you decide what the perfect option is for you to transform your home.
A specialist advisor from Prenton Glass will visit your home and take measurements for your no-obligation quote.
Why not contact us today
0151 678 4868
or Visit our showroom at:
Carr Hall Farm,
Read more articles from Prenton Glass HERE